The JALT Extensive Reading SIG has begun a new online peer-reviewed journal called The Journal of Extensive Reading (JER). The journal will supplement what is already offered in ERJ by focusing on the publication of high-quality empirical research on ER.
If you would like to join the JER publication team, please contact Peter Hourdequin, the ER SIG's Publications Chair at jer @ ersig.org
You can find out more about the Journal of Extensive Reading here.
Call for Submissions:
The Journal of Extensive Reading seeks high-quality, empirically-researched and theoretically-sound articles on the efficacy of extensive reading methods and outcomes in various teaching and learning contexts. Submissions related to reading and other language skill development through extensive reading, especially but not exclusively related to second and foreign language acquisition, will be considered.
To be accepted for publication, papers must:
1) demonstrate sound research methods,
2) add to existing knowledge in the field,
3) relate the research to theoretical constructs in the field,
4) be applicable to enhancing ER practice, and
5) be written in clear and concise prose in general accordance with the standards of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition.
Our journal's digital format allows for embedded links to digital artifacts that enhance published articles` impact and scope. We thus welcome submissions that leverage the power of the web via links and other means, provided that the use of these does not violate copyright and that the submission is able to stand alone as a complete work in printed form only.
Click here to submit a paper.